1. foundation is named "Stiftung Frauen in Europa" (Foundation Women in Europe).
2. The foundation is vested with legal capacity under German "Bürgerliches Recht" (Civil Law).
3. Its registered office is located in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
1. The foundation pursues non-profit goals. These are aimed toward the public good in accord with the chapter "Steuerbegünstigte Zwecke" (tax privileged purposes) of the German fiscal code.
2. As a non-profit organisation the foundation does not pursue goals primarily serving its own economic interest.
3. Purpose of the foundation is to foster research on the role of women in the development of civil society during the process of European unification. An emphasis is given to scholarly research on cultural and social aspects concerning the different life-styles of men and women.
The foundation reaches its aims mainly by:
4. The foundation's board holds power of decision regarding the allocation of available funds.
5. No legal claim can be established to a monetary contribution from the foundation's funds.